The NASWAZ Public Policy Committee is the organization's advocacy voice for all Arizona social workers and the vulnerable people they serve. The goal of the Public Policy Committee is to educate, inform and engage the NASWAZ membership about issues related to candidate election, public policy issues and the legislative process. Specific objectives include:
1. To set the annual legislative agenda and identify other public policy
2. To educate members on issues.
3. To advocate for issues and provide legislative presence.
4. To maintain an email alert system.
5. To coordinate with other human service advocacy organizations.
6. To provide training on legislative advocacy.
Click here to "Take Action!"
Our Legislative Priorities for 2019
- State and federal funding for Health and Human Service Programs
- Removal of the automatic freeze on KidsCare
- Child Welfare System Reform including implementation of the Family First Prevention Services Act and integration of physical and behavioral health care at CMDP
- Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Treatment, including syringe access programs
- Reducing caseloads for school social workers by increasing the number of professional social workers in school settings
- Reducing gun violence and increasing school safety
- Social justice issues
- Regulation and preventing de-regulation of the social work professional
- HB 2560: Occupational Licensing; Reciprocity Fact Sheet
View our legislative priorities: